Best Available Rate Terms and Conditions
The Shaftesbury Hotels Collection guarantees to provide the lowest online rate to guests who book directly on our official website. If you find a lower room rate publicly available on the Internet for the same property, same room type, same number of guests, same dates of stay and same length of stay, same terms and same currency within 24 hours of making the reservation, please call The Shaftesbury Hotels Collection on +44 (0) 20 7479 2255.
Once The Shaftesbury Hotels Collection confirms the rate on the Internet, subject to room availability at the applicable property, The Shaftesbury Hotels Collection will match the lower average nightly room rate, plus offer an additional 10% discount for the duration of the stay, subject to the following terms and conditions:
- For a claim to be eligible under the Best Rate Guarantee, it must be submitted through the claim form available on our official website within 24 hours after making a reservation.
- For the competing rate to be valid, it must be a currently available lower publicised online room rate for the same property, the same type of room, same number of guests, same date of stay, same length of stay, same terms, same currency and include similar additional value-added amenities.
- This guarantee applies to the room rate only for the duration of the reservation and does not apply to taxes, guest incidental charges, food and beverage and any other charges.
- If an advance purchase rate has been booked and you find a lower competing rate on the Internet that meets the terms and conditions set here, then The Shaftesbury Hotels Collection will offer a full refund on the amount originally charged to your credit card and instead charge the full stay based on the new lower rate.
- The amount of Premier Club Reward points awarded to you if you are a member of the loyalty programme will be based on the room rate actually paid upon checkout.
- The Shaftesbury Hotels Collection will convert any competing rate in a different currency and has the right to deny claims where it determines that the different between the rates is due to exchange rate fluctuations.
- Booking fees, extra adult fees, fees for children will be included in the rate comparison, whereas taxes or other mandatory charges will be excluded.
- This guarantee can be amended at any time without prior notice.
- Packages: the guarantee applies to comparing exactly the same packages where the same amenities, same benefits, same property, same room type, same number of guests, same dates of stay and same length of stay, same terms and same currency must be equivalent.
- Claim verification: we reserve the right to verify all claims. The Shaftesbury Hotels Collection must verify all aspects of the claim. The Shaftesbury Hotels Collection do not accept screenshots/documentation of lower prices provided by guests from third party websites due to the fact that images can be easily manipulated.
- The Shaftesbury Hotels Collection reserves the right to amend or discontinue the Best Rate Guarantee and any time without notice. The Best Rate Guarantee terms and conditions that are in effect at the time of your booking will be applicable.
This guarantee does not apply to:
- Unpublished, negotiated rates such as travel agencies rates, group rates, corporate discount rates or other rates that are agreed by The Shaftesbury Hotels Collection and are not publicly available.
- Qualified discount rates including senior citizen discounts.
- Package rates including a combination of room and airfare, hotel stay and car rental or other such combinations.
- Rates offered on-request basis that do not provide immediate booking confirmations.
- Mystery booking where the booking details are unknown until a booking is made. Websites that do not disclose the name of the hotel until after the payment has been completed.
- Rates offers on membership programme websites; corporate discounts, negotiated prices, groups, loyalty programme, prices available using a promotional code/voucher or other promotion not offered to the public.